The retreat is located on the East shore of Kootenay lake. It truly is a beautiful part of the world.
Shared accommodation will be in a teepee which sleeps 6. There are also other tenting spots available.
A central part of the retreat is this location. This intentional opportunity to connect with nature supports our growth. Hence much of the retreat will be based outdoors, under minimal cover. The terrain is rugged, and we will move from the beach to the main house several times a day. The Eagle and Osprey are here to support you!
An outdoor summer kitchen is available at all times for snacks and tea. There are hiking trails within walking distance from the retreat, and we will have a day dedicated to exploring them.
Our location is about 3km from the small village of Riondel, where you can find a corner store, coffee shop and local gift shop.
2019 Riondel North Road,
What to bring
Please be mindful of the number of personal belongings you are bringing. You will be cohabiting with the other participants. Our mountain climate requires a variety of clothing: Summer days can be hot, and evenings are usually cooler.
- Comfortable clothing for Yoga and Meditation
- Footwear for being inside and outside on the property, plus hiking shoes and water shoes for the lake.
- Bathing suit, beach towel, sunscreen, hat
- Flashlight, bug spray
- A journal and/or computer for your reflections and design process
- Current medications and supplements (pain relief, vitamins, etc.)
- Personal toiletries (shampoo, conditions, soap) and a towel. Considering others and Nature, we ask that any personal care products be fragrance-free and biodegradable. Our gray water flows onto the land.
- Yoga mat (we have extra ones if needed)
- Snacks – meals/snacks are provided, and feel free to some of your personal favourite
- Water bottle and/or travel mug
- Ear plugs
- Bedding – in the TeePee, we will provide a mattress, sheets, a pillow and a warm blanket. Please bring any extra bedding you wish for personal comfort. If you want to stay in an independent tent, please look to get all your bedding. We can be supportive with some items – please reach out to discuss your specific needs.
This is an idea of what to expect in therm of scheduling note that is subject to change slightly.
3-6 Arriving, setup, free time
7:30-8:30 Opening ceremony – Meditation with a sound bath. Setting intentions
7:30-9 Hatha yoga
10-12:30 Workshop – Exploring symbols
12:30-2 Lunch and free time
2-5 Workshop- Cultural emergence design.
7:30-8:30 Creative activities
7:30-9 Hatha yoga
10-12:30 Workshop – dream yoga
1:30-2:30 Closing ceremony- What’s the next step?
Classes and Workshops
We will be using different tools during the retreat. Hatha yoga, mediation, reflection and cultural emergence.
Cultural Emergence is a toolkit for expanding our positive impact in the world. It is designed to support us to bring about fertile emergence in our own lives, in our groups and communities and take this into the wider world.
You can read more about it here:
The design process will be nurtured with daily Yoga and Meditation sessions, sound sessions, other reflection practices based in nature and personal creativity,as well as Dream Yoga which is a pathway to learn about your own unique symbolism. All levels of experience with any of these practices are welcome.